Call Continuity automatically detects a loss of phone connectivity at the extension level, then immediately directs calls to the specified backup number. For example, if you experience a power or internet outage, Vonage reroutes your calls. Once your power or internet is restored, normal call routing automatically resumes.
- Call Continuity can not be used with Virtual Receptionists, Call Groups or Call Queues.
- Assign a Direct Dial Number to the extension before you set up Call Continuity. See Assign a Phone Number to an Extension/Feature for details.
Set Up by Super User or Account Administrator
The Phone Numbers page now displays the backup number in the Call Continuity column.
- Sign in to the Admin Portal.
- Click Phone System, then click Phone Numbers.
- Hover over the number you want to set and click the Handset with Arrow icon.
- Enter a backup number.
- Click Update.
Set Up by End User
- Sign in to your Online Account.
- Click the Avatar , then click Settings.
- Click Extension, then go to Call Continuity Service and enter a backup number.
- Click Save.